We publish poetry chapbooks through the Gloria E. Anzaldúa Poetry Prize and Emerging Poets Series and prose chapbooks through the Newfound Prose Prize.
The journal is published online and features fiction, poetry, nonfiction, visual arts, reviews, and more. Before sending to the journal, please read our guidelines.
Anzaldúa Poetry Prize
- Send 15 to 30 pages of poetry. Please include no more than one poem per page.
- Simultaneous submissions and previously published poems are acceptable.
- Individual poems in the chapbook can be previously published in journals, however not within another book.
- All entries must be sent online via our submission manager and be contained in a single document.
- A non-refundable $15 reading fee must accompany your work. If our reading fee is prohibitive, email editor [at] newfound [dot] org for a manuscript fee waiver. We can offer a few a year.
- Students (past and present), relatives, and close friends of the judge are ineligible.
Content Warnings & Explicit Content
Manuscripts are read by human beings who volunteer to keep the press running. To protect our readers, we value content warnings, which we recommend including in your work and cover letter. Do not submit violent content or depictions of rape that minimize sexual trauma. Work that supports misogyny, bigotry, racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. will not be considered. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in rejection of the submission and ban of the author from future submissions to Newfound.