From December 1-31 only, Newfound accepts unsolicited chapbook-length manuscripts from poets who have not yet published a full-length book. Our open submission period aims to advance the careers of emerging writers by printing their work in beautiful, hand-bound editions. Submissions are open to finalists, but not winners of Newfound prizes. One chapbook is selected annually by Newfound staff.
- Only open to poets without a full-length book published.
- No fee, no guest judge, and no prize money.
- Newfound will design, print, and bind the chapbook. The cover will be decided in cooperation with the winning author.
- Poet receives 25 contributor copies.
- Poet receives royalties contract (25% print/50% digital).
- Submit 15 to 30 pages of poetry. Please include no more than one poem per page.
- Simultaneous submissions and previously published poems are acceptable.
- Elements of the work must in some way explore how place shapes identity, imagination, and understanding.
- All entries must be submitted online via our submission manager and be contained in a single document.